Deprovisioning of Chromebooks - End of Year or Leaving Churton Park School
Instructions for year 6 students leaving school or other students leaving. A few days after school has finished all Churton Park School Gmail accounts will be deactivated. Seesaw will also not be able to be accessed as well as the Google Drive content.
To retrieve items off Seesaw, deprovision your personal chromebook and remove drive files from your Churton Park School account, please see the instructions below.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD CONTENT OFF SEESAW
Chromebook deprovisioning instructions (if you have your own chromebook and NOT giving to another sibling):
- Turn off the Chromebook
- Press Esc+⟳+Power. - a yellow exclamation point (!) or "Please insert a recovery USB stick" is displayed.
- Press Ctrl+D, then press Enter.
- Wait for the next page to display
- Press Space, then press Enter. - The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state where it can be set up again.
- In some cases if it does not work please email a photo of your chromebooks serial number to firstname.lastname@example.org they can then forward it to the ict company and they can do the extra step before the above instructions can work.
Retriving anything off Google Drive
- Make a folder in their school google drive, and share this folder with their personal google account
- Drag anything they would like to keep into this shared folder
- Once they have dragged everything they want into this folder, sign into their personal google drive
- Make a copy of the shared folder which should save that copy into their personal google drive
Alternatively you can use Google Takeout and follow the process on there: https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout